Yeah…that’s a good question! Well Amy is someone who is asking me now the whole evening [Ed: twice. I thought my 5 readers might like to hear from someone else for a change...] to write something on her blog. Is she really so desperate to ask a Dutch woman whom never write in English to write something on her blog? Well..I guess so!
So I’m living together with Amy in a house with 8 kids for more than 5 weeks now. And I can tell u it’s really fun! I will skip the part of the behaviour of the kids cause that isn’t really fun to write about. I think it’s more fun to write something about Amy. When I came to Agape in January I was a little bit afraid of her american accent, but luckily I can understand her very well. She’s trying hard to speak afrikaans with the kids and yeah..she isn’t that bad.
In the beginning I had to get used to the fact that Amy likes to make the things really big, when the are small. The second day I was here she had a list of the things that had to be changed in the house. During this discussion about it, she suddenly started to talk about her dog Ralphie and show some pictures of him. Well..that’s Amy!
Amy said last week that the things I can do in 30 minutes, she will take 2 hours for it. And I agree…doing shopping in Shoprite (just buy some pencils, glue and something else) will take her more than half an hour! Well…that’s Amy
Amy makes me laugh. She told me the another evening that it is hard for her to count the bowls and cups on the table every morning, afternoon and evening. Especially the morning when she also must count the lunchboxes. She only have to counts to 6 but yeah…Well…that’s Amy [Ed: We have 8 kids total, minus Mathijs who's 4 months old, minus Meliska who is at school in Cape Town M-F, and minus Deon who leaves for school much earlier than the rest….so that’s 6 lunchboxes total but only 5 if it’s after 6:20am]
And never i will forget the Sunday morning that Amy interrupted my morning sleep to tell me that it is already 6:45 and that the kids need to go to school and they can eat Wheetbix and she can drive Deon to his school since he missed the bus. Uhm…I just was looking at her and said: “Amy… it’s Sunday” I think it was in two second that she was out of my room. Well….that’s Amy
I think if you had read this blog you will have an idea who Amy is. The most important thing (I almost forgot) is that she is lovely and really takes good care of the kids. Just one thing that she still needs to learn is that a baby of 3 months old won’t eat Ketchup, Burger, Chips or Chocolate. Amy can’t wait to feed the little baby in the house who still drinking his mom’s milk. Luckily I’m always somewhere around the baby or Amy!
Gabi (Amy newest BFF)
[Ed: Judy, you must come visit)
Oh, this is so funny! Some things can't be helped even with a Blackberry. Gabi, ask Amy about the time she got gum in her hair THREE TIMES while we were on a family vacation. Not sure why that's relevant, but it's a good story. Joy/Mom
ReplyDeleteGabi, ask Amy about the time she woke me up at 5 a.m. screaming about a bug in the kitchen. It probably played out very much like your story. That's Amy. And by the way, would you please kindly remove "Amy's newest BFF" from the end of your blog entry? I want to like you but with a sign-off like that, I'll have to kick your ass instead. Smooches, Judy
ReplyDelete