Somebody call 911
Kind of like Houston, the area I’m living in here isn’t particularly safe. There is a lot of poverty, gang violence, and drug and alcohol abuse. In the summer months (I’m in the Southern Hemisphere so that’s now), it’s very dry and there are dangerous bush fires. We could see the orange flames from our kitchen window this evening. This view is from Agape 1, looking towards Agape 2. Most of the pink you see is the sunset, but you can see flames and smoke to the left of the trees. The winds are blowing hard and the squatter camps in Rooidakke, adjacent to Agape 4, could be affected. The whole area smells like a campfire.
Wow! That is a little scary.. be careful!!
ReplyDeleteAmy Nelson! I haven't talked to you in TOO LONG! Now you are in South Africa taking care of Kids! You are AMAZING! This is Matt Butler ;)
ReplyDelete