Jessica on the slide
Reinventing Myself
Since finishing school, I’ve worked as a corporate lawyer and as a legal recruiter. During school I held various part-time and summer jobs (waiting tables, working in a biology lab, several office jobs). Today I finish my fourth week as a teacher in the new school for disabled children here at Agape. That’s right, read that last sentence again. The school meets M-F from 8AM-1PM, and there are about 14 kids in the class. Four of them are kids that live in the Asiphe house (Kaylin, Anslin, Catherine, and Jessica), and the rest are kids from the community. We sing, read stories, color, learn about shapes and numbers, eat snacks, blow bubbles, and play inside and outside. The first week or so I came out of the school amazed and grateful that I survived till 1PM. Thankfully, it seems to get a bit easier every day. I’ve included a few pics of our students and a video of (I know we’re not supposed to have favorites but I can’t help myself) one of them.
Jessica on the slide
Kinan and Donnerick
Kudzai
Crischende with school and playground
Angelo in ball pit
Asamahle ("Asi") went a little crazy with the aqueous cream

Jessica on the slide
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am so proud you're my sister!
ReplyDelete