 |
| #25 => too big (100+ people) |
If I were a more sophisticated blogger with 'tags' -- it is likely that potjiekos (
pr. poy-key-kos) would be one of the most utilized tags... and believe it or not I spare you loyal readers of all the potjie stories since you are probably (usually) too far away to enjoy the delicious food. For the past few weeks I was looking forward to a potjie on Agape 1 -- for all the kids and adults living there as well as some of their family. The wonderful, beautiful, prolific Oppelts have sort of adopted me into their family. I love them all and the time we spend together.
 |
| #3 => too small (~12 people) |
So in preparation for the big day, I invested in a #14 pot. A few have asked if I will take it back to America with me, and the answer is definitely NO. I cannot even begin to think about carrying the thing, I can barely lift it, and my brain cannot even fathom how an airline employee would process something that large and heavy. Multiply the difficulty with an extra book or pair of shoes that pushes your bag over the limit by a lot: so no, the #14 will remain at Agape.
 |
| #14 => Just right (~50 people) |
A few other photos from the day...
 |
| They wanted to see in the pot --- but then couldn't handle all the smoke. |
 |
| With Priscilla and Carl |
 |
| Zander was collecting ladybugs and studiously looking after them, as he knows how upset Tannie Amy becomes when they mistreat the animals. |
 |
| Maria with Pelo and Jeannie -- the girls were off to Mary-Ann's 8th birthday party. |
 |
| A new and successful experiement: Roaster (sp?) broodjies, with raisins. A delicious snack for those keeping company around the fire. We also threw some of the dough in the pot for dumplings! |
 |
| the #14, artsy shot :-) |
Thanks a lot tannie amy for the potjie, dit was baie lekker, you are the best.we love you all from everyone at Agape 1, me,kaylynne,gordon,ranel,jp,anastacia,theo,gwendoline,zander,deon,micaela,nomapelo,jean,nathan,kirsten,duwaynne,meliska.
ReplyDeletethanks Joshua! (and Kaylynne, Gordon, Ranel, JP, Anastacia, Theo, Gwennie, Zander, Deon, Kayla, Pelo, Jeannie Nathan, Kirsten, Duwayne & Meliska!) Ek is baie lief vir julle ook and geniet dit baie to sien julle my potjie op geeet. Waneer sal ons veer dit maak? Miskien volgende keer jy (Joshua? Kaylynee?) sal die potjie maak?? :-)
ReplyDelete