
I made a new friend in December. Megan is an American who has been volunteering at Agape for most of December. Megan is from Montana and spent the past six years in California, where she worked as a personal trainer and massage therapist. Convenient, right? All of the children loved her, and she was a huge blessing, especially in the Asiphe Home for disabled children. We had a great time and learned a lot from each other. I dropped her off at the Cape Town airport Sunday. Megan is working at an orphanage in Magunga, Kenya, for three weeks and then heads to Vietnam where she's going to build bathrooms or something (she says she loves manual labor, which I have to admit I don't hear too often from my lawyer friends...).
Last week Megan and I spent a day at the
Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve, one of my favorite places in the whole world. I was here the first time ten years ago on
Semester at Sea. For a long time I'd wanted to spend more time exploring the Reserve, and Megan and I got a chance to do that. Here are some photos from our day. Megan, please post more on Facebook!
Atlantic Ocean currents on my left, Indian ocean currents on my right

We saw many ostriches, Atlantic Ocean in the background

Top 5 most beautiful beaches I have seen. We hiked to this point and took a wooden staircase down to the beach

Megan with the beach in the background

Can't wait for you to be my tour guide when I go here.
ReplyDelete