On The Other Side

I was back in the US for four weeks, most of October and into November. It was quite a whirlwind of traveling and trying to catch up on six months away from my previous life. Highlights include: fall color in the Midwest, babies Zane, Freddie, Kien, and Laney, 21 family members, including Mom, Dad, brother, sister, Grandma and Grandpa, my brother in his new hometown of Chicago, my sister in her new hometown of Vail, 8 states, many friends, Memorial Park, Vietnamese hot pot, Chick-Fil-A, Halloween costumes (Emily's and THC's repeat costume stand out as favorites), rummikub and CEF banquet with my Grandpa, Barb & Dad, apple orchard, car ferry across the Wisconsin River, Lake Superior and kayaking in the inland lakes, Happy Hour with my former work colleagues, quality time with the best dog in the world, and Meghan’s caramel apple trifle.

I had a lot of fun and it was so great to see everyone. You have probably figured out by now that I love it here at Agape but I still miss my people 'on the other side.'

My grandma in a shirt my uncle got her; apparently the current academic year's t-shirt of the UW-Madison African Students Association.

With my brother on Navy Pier, downtown Chicago in the background.

Kayaking with my dad in Northern Minnesota. Uncle Terry was a career forest ranger in Superior National Forest and makes an excellent tour guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment